-
Screen blanking after bootup
This has probably been asked but I will ask again just because i am naughty.
Okay I boot up knoppix, everything boots up nicely and then after a few minutes my screen goes blank. I thought it might have been the screen saver but i made sure it was turned off then rebooted. The same thing happened. I get a black screena nd no mater what combination of keys i press, it won't give me back my screen.
Any suggestions.
-
Senior Member
registered user
try knoppix26 if you booting with the default boot options. also try knoppix fb1024x800 (someting like that anyway) check f2 and f3 at boot time for more options to boot with.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Screen blanking after bootup

Originally Posted by
mrfuggle
This has probably been asked but I will ask again just because i am naughty.
That's par for the course lately.

Originally Posted by
mrfuggle
I thought it might have been the screen saver but i made sure it was turned off then rebooted.
Yea, that's gonna help a lot. Do you understand what a Live CD is?
-
Re: Screen blanking after bootup

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
mrfuggle
This has probably been asked but I will ask again just because i am naughty.
That's par for the course lately.

Originally Posted by
mrfuggle
I thought it might have been the screen saver but i made sure it was turned off then rebooted.
Yea, that's gonna help a lot. Do you understand what a
Live CD is?
*** The response from mrfuggle has been censored. ***
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
You response goes way beyond what is acceptable on this forum, it has been removed. Obviously you consider yourself much smarter than I do, but the link to the Live CD discussion was provided because you made it clear that you were turning off the screen saver and then rebooting, which will undo any change that you make (assuming that you don't have persistance working, which any reasonable person would have stated if they were doing this). To avoid further abusive language, this thread is locked.
Similar Threads
-
By mainman71 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-12-2005, 06:54 PM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
-
By stuart_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 12:52 AM
-
By edraven in forum Laptops
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 10:25 PM
-
By edraven in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-13500 2.5GHz/4.8GHz Boost 14-Core SRMBM LGA1700 Desktop Processor
$165.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99