What kind of installation you had? Was it using "knx-hdinstall" or using the "tohd" cheatcode?Originally Posted by hcdunlap
Please explain in detail...
I was so impressed with Knoppix 3.7 that I trashed Red Hat 9.0 and installed K 3.7 to my hard disk. I have a few questions:
1. How do I disable the automatic login on boot of the user Knoppix? I created another user for myself and would like to create addtional users for my family but everything I've tried defaults to boot and auto-login of user Knoppix.
2. I changed root's password but su - automatically gives me root access. I'd just like to tighten things up user-wise with my fresh installation.
So far, K 3.7 is very impressive. Thanks!
hcd
What kind of installation you had? Was it using "knx-hdinstall" or using the "tohd" cheatcode?Originally Posted by hcdunlap
Please explain in detail...
"knx-hdinstall" is the command I used to install Knoppix 3.7 to my hd.
Thank you for replying.
cd
Looks like you did a knoppix style install. You should choose a Beginner or Debian style if you want multiuser. Shah posted a solution how to add login to a knoppix style install a while back which you could search this site for. Personally I always do a Debian style install which means that when you edit configuration files, the changes stay across bootups without any tinkering.
Yep...I went back and did the Debian install and I now have more control. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks raj1478 & Markus for the replies to my question.
cd

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
$75.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50