Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Hawking USB adapter

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2

    Hawking USB adapter

    Greets,

    I am trying to set up a Hawking USB adapter on Knoppix 3.7 hdd install I have tried while running 2.4 kernel as well as 2.6, I have configured ndiswrapper to load wind502u.inf , (my adapter uses wind502 envara chipset), and I can see the adapter in USBview , shows all device info, but ndiswrapper just says it added driver , but no new device appeared.

    If I try and use wlan card config, it says no card found.

    I am not completely unfamiliar with Linux, but I am not very experienced either...and I am chasing my tail here.

    It seems as though something needs to be edited to get the info it has in USBview.... available as a device which I can then link the ndiswrapper driver to?

    I have checked the devices file in proc/bus/usb/ I think it was, I was only able to view it in Emacs, and I see where it has the USB adapter and all it's info, but it says driver=none, when I try and edit that, it will not save.....


    I have read several things online, but I am still lost, I also tried :

    ndiswrapper -i /wlan/wind502u.inf (it says wind502 is already installed)

    modprobe ndiswrapper

    iwconfig wlan0 channel 6 (at this point it says wlan0 does not exist)

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    If I run ifconfig it shows my pci lan card, and loopback only.


    If anyone can help clear up what procedure I need to follow here, I would really appreciate it....I am trying to cut the cord from MS XP and this is the only major sticking point left....

    Thank You....

    Respects,
    Ragga

    Edited P.S. *****

    Actually ,

    After further consideration I have decided that I am completely unfamiliar, and inexperienced w/ Linux......but I am determined to remedy that....respects

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2

    wlan prob update...

    Well....so far I have run

    ndiswrapper -m

    this added alias wlan0 ndiswrapper to modules.conf

    I thought this might make it load modiule at boot...

    If I run modprobe wlan0 it doesn't give an error....

    but iwconfig still says device not found, as does wlanctl-ng...

    Will update if I figure anything out....

    respects,
    ragga.

Similar Threads

  1. PCI Wireless Adapter?? Which ones the best?
    By Sk8erG4388 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 06:59 PM
  2. Hawking HWC54G wireless adapter
    By knoppixnovice in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 06:58 AM
  3. Wireless USB 2.0 adapter
    By phiepr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
  4. USB to IDE - Adapter
    By poor_mans_knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 02:49 PM
  5. ppp adapter help!!! please
    By stop101 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 03:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector picture

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector

$50.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$349.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$389.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh StyleWriter Software 4 Disk Set Version 1.2 3.5” Floppy picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh StyleWriter Software 4 Disk Set Version 1.2 3.5” Floppy

$24.99



Vintage Microsoft Office 1.0 Apple Macintosh 1989 Big Box Software Sealed picture

Vintage Microsoft Office 1.0 Apple Macintosh 1989 Big Box Software Sealed

$399.99



Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working picture

Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working

$345.00



Intel D4004 CPU MCS4 1981 Malaysia 4-bit Microprocessor Vintage Rare Collectible picture

Intel D4004 CPU MCS4 1981 Malaysia 4-bit Microprocessor Vintage Rare Collectible

$302.46



NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e Nvidia Quadro Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e Nvidia Quadro Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$449.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99