-
Hawking USB adapter
Greets,
I am trying to set up a Hawking USB adapter on Knoppix 3.7 hdd install I have tried while running 2.4 kernel as well as 2.6, I have configured ndiswrapper to load wind502u.inf , (my adapter uses wind502 envara chipset), and I can see the adapter in USBview , shows all device info, but ndiswrapper just says it added driver , but no new device appeared.
If I try and use wlan card config, it says no card found.
I am not completely unfamiliar with Linux, but I am not very experienced either...and I am chasing my tail here.
It seems as though something needs to be edited to get the info it has in USBview.... available as a device which I can then link the ndiswrapper driver to?
I have checked the devices file in proc/bus/usb/ I think it was, I was only able to view it in Emacs, and I see where it has the USB adapter and all it's info, but it says driver=none, when I try and edit that, it will not save.....
I have read several things online, but I am still lost, I also tried :
ndiswrapper -i /wlan/wind502u.inf (it says wind502 is already installed)
modprobe ndiswrapper
iwconfig wlan0 channel 6 (at this point it says wlan0 does not exist)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I run ifconfig it shows my pci lan card, and loopback only.
If anyone can help clear up what procedure I need to follow here, I would really appreciate it....I am trying to cut the cord from MS XP and this is the only major sticking point left....
Thank You....
Respects,
Ragga 
Edited P.S. *****
Actually ,
After further consideration I have decided that I am completely unfamiliar, and inexperienced w/ Linux......but I am determined to remedy that....respects
-
wlan prob update...
Well....so far I have run
ndiswrapper -m
this added alias wlan0 ndiswrapper to modules.conf
I thought this might make it load modiule at boot...
If I run modprobe wlan0 it doesn't give an error....
but iwconfig still says device not found, as does wlanctl-ng...
Will update if I figure anything out....
respects,
ragga.
Similar Threads
-
By Sk8erG4388 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2006, 06:59 PM
-
By knoppixnovice in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-27-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By phiepr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
-
By poor_mans_knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 02:49 PM
-
By stop101 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 03:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99

DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage, Digital Equip Corp
$3509.00

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99

IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99