-
3.4 install- can't change the swap?
This is my first attempt at a full install. I tried to partition the hd but I think I made the linux-swap to small. It says I need at least 128, and I am showing 125.48. My question is how do I fix this? Can I redo everything and start over or can I try to resize it in some way?
Thanks in advance!
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can probably go either way. It may depend on what else is on your hard drive - do you want to multi-boot another operating system on the same drive? Then you'll want to be careful. If you're not worried about something else getting trampled, I think the easiest way is for you to just start over.
It may also depend a little bit on how you made the partitions. You can make them with one tool and still change them with another tool. You don't necessarily have to go back to the first tool (say, Partition Magic) if you don't want to. But if you're starting back at the beginning, you may be more comfortable using that first tool again to make the partition bigger.
-- Ed
-
Senior Member
registered user
I also did this (some time ago), it was easier just to add a second swap partition instead of attempting to resize the existing one. Knoppix will find and use both swap partitions. QTparted will only work on a drive which is not in use so the resizing is easiest done running from CD, you will have to 'noswap' so that the HD is not in use.
I have also added a dos swap file which works just fine as an addition to the regular swap partition.
Similar Threads
-
By Jerunk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 08:03 PM
-
By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By stonedyak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By raphael24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:48 PM
-
By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00