-
disable automatic Knoppix user
I was so impressed with Knoppix 3.7 that I trashed Red Hat 9.0 and installed K 3.7 to my hard disk. I have a few questions:
1. How do I disable the automatic login on boot of the user Knoppix? I created another user for myself and would like to create addtional users for my family but everything I've tried defaults to boot and auto-login of user Knoppix.
2. I changed root's password but su - automatically gives me root access. I'd just like to tighten things up user-wise with my fresh installation.
So far, K 3.7 is very impressive. Thanks!
hcd
Similar Threads
-
By trubadix in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
-
By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 09:43 AM
-
By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 04:35 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 09:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.19