Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: support chinese ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    China->Beijing->LiFU
    Posts
    1

    support chinese ?

    i'm a newbie at knoppix, i wonder whether the knoppix has a plan to support chinese ? and who can tell me how to pronounce "knoppix" in english? thx.

    however, i think knoppix is really excellent!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9
    I've made a Simplified Chinese Version of KNOPPIX and it works fine, I add fcitx as the default imput method.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklaser
    I've made a Simplified Chinese Version of KNOPPIX and it works fine, I add fcitx as the default imput method.
    Is there an ISO image anywhere on the net?

    I want to install a low-resource Chinese Linux on a 32MB RAM (AMD K6-2) CPU notebook (not expandable) for a non-English-speaking friend of my wife.

    I had installed Win98SE on it with various chinese customization. However, after a few months of use, he managed to download a nasty trojan horse ( http://www.01to.com/allforcn ) that not only disabled any changes to IE6 but seems to have changed a lot of Windows DLLs. It appears the trojan horse is copying everything he types and sending it somewhere. He, of course, was completely unaware of the problem.

    Since his notebook needs to be reformatted, I would just as soon make it Linux instead of Windows since all he needs or wants is web browsing and email in Chinese.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklaser
    I've made a Simplified Chinese Version of KNOPPIX and it works fine, I add fcitx as the default imput method.

    can i get you knoppix,
    i need a knoppix support simplified chinese,because i am a chinese
    thank you!

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by guojh
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklaser
    I've made a Simplified Chinese Version of KNOPPIX and it works fine, I add fcitx as the default imput method.

    can i get you knoppix,
    i need a knoppix support simplified chinese,because i am a chinese
    thank you!
    There are a couple of version available according to kendrew in this thread.

Similar Threads

  1. Chinese input
    By markleong in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:10 PM
  2. I want a Chinese release. WHERE can I get it?
    By conantang in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 06:16 PM
  3. Chinese Language Support?
    By dinocho in forum Ideas
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 06:20 PM
  4. Simplified Chinese Version
    By nicklaser in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:26 AM
  5. How can I input Chinese in KDE ?
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY picture

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY

$89.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3 picture

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3

$200.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88