-
Cannot use ICQ
I can't use ICQ under Knoppix.I go to go.icq.com and choose the java version of icq(because the new version fail to load-i don't know why). After sending the password and the login, it puts me into N/A state in my profile.When I try to change the state to Available the ICQ disconnect me and a java aplet window appears with the following message:Communication error Error 830.7.155
Comunnication disconnect Try to login again.
I'm not sure what causes this problem perhaps there is no java support under Knoppix. Other thing is that I am online without setting or using a proxy-is this the real matter? And what is the reason that I can't load the newest version of ICQ on go.icq.com?
Thanks for your help in advance!
-
Senior Member
registered user
if you just want to use the client for simple chit chat and no chat rooms i advise to use gaim. what browser are you using? konq from my use i have found its not very good with java. and what version of knoppix are you using? knoppix 3.7 should have java on it.
-
Hi
Thanks for your help, now i am using gaim and it works.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99