I solved my own problem....
I am a neophyte when it comes to LINUX. I do use it occasional for programming, etc..., but I never had to configure anything.
I have the iso I burnt to a CD, which I am trying to boot and run. I have WindowsXP installed on my first partition of my first drive. I have a Maxtor 200GB ATA 133 drive which is connected to an ATA PCI card. It does see my drives because I see them listed and their info.
When the system boots I type expert and see what is going on and I wrote down this info:
hde: pio
hde: host protected area => 1
hde: status timeout: {busy}
hde: drive not ready for command
hde: 398297088 sectors (203928 MB) w/ 1819KiB cache CHS = 155114/16/63
I get a similar display for hdf, too.
What is going on and what do I do? I did read some of the posts on here, but none of them were the exact same as my situation. I spent a few hours looking up the info myself. I tried some cheatcodes that I thought would work like nodma, noapic, acpi=off. Nothing works. I really could use the help.
Anyway, thanks for the help in advance.
I solved my own problem....

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58