-
Booting problem: "hde: drive not ready for command"
I am a neophyte when it comes to LINUX. I do use it occasional for programming, etc..., but I never had to configure anything.
I have the iso I burnt to a CD, which I am trying to boot and run. I have WindowsXP installed on my first partition of my first drive. I have a Maxtor 200GB ATA 133 drive which is connected to an ATA PCI card. It does see my drives because I see them listed and their info.
When the system boots I type expert and see what is going on and I wrote down this info:
hde: pio
hde: host protected area => 1
hde: status timeout: {busy}
hde: drive not ready for command
hde: 398297088 sectors (203928 MB) w/ 1819KiB cache CHS = 155114/16/63
I get a similar display for hdf, too.
What is going on and what do I do? I did read some of the posts on here, but none of them were the exact same as my situation. I spent a few hours looking up the info myself. I tried some cheatcodes that I thought would work like nodma, noapic, acpi=off. Nothing works. I really could use the help.
Anyway, thanks for the help in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By MrBigTime in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 11:35 AM
-
By mco in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-17-2004, 11:16 PM
-
By bladeraptor in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:11 PM
-
By creicks in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 02:04 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers
$164.95

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99