-
I make much of my living supporting M$ systems and networks, but use linux exclusively in the process. Sometimes knoppix, but other distros (both live & HD-installed) as well.
I prefer the "feel" of working in the linux distributions when it comes to various tasks. Eventually, M$ manages to integrate some of the things I like about working in linux, at least in some respects. This seems to go against any notion of M$ being the Great Innovator, ripped-off by others.
I also like various things about a few M$ operating systems and applications, but when given the option, I prefer a linux environment for most tasks. And often there's simply not a M$ equivalent for something I want or need to do.
Similar Threads
-
By caola in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-22-2006, 02:05 PM
-
By your_breakfast in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 11:47 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:14 PM
-
By grandb in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 07:58 PM
-
By Stephen in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 05:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00