-
I returned from the field this afternoon and was told by a sales guy that the boss had seen knoppix running on a system I was using this morning. Reportedly, the boss was "p|$$'d off" that I was using something that we can't sell.
Puzzling. heh
First off, I'm quite certain I can sell linux systems to our customers. Half of them already use it, and we're just not making a dime of that business, because we're not bothering to sell it.
Secondly, even if it's not part of our product line, why on earth would that prevent me from using it to achieve some technical objective in the office? We don't sell pencils, either, but I've used pencils this very day.
I think much of the anti-linux sentiment encountered is simply misguided. But then again I also feel that at least a healthy bit of the anti-M$ sentiment is at least religious in nature.
I prefer to be more of a pragmatist about such matters.
At the office, I'd fired up a knoppix system because it was needed this morning. At the coffee shop last night, I had to boot up Windows on my laptop because knoppix doesn't make good use of my Linksys wireless NIC.
Similar Threads
-
By caola in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-22-2006, 02:05 PM
-
By your_breakfast in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 11:47 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:14 PM
-
By grandb in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 07:58 PM
-
By Stephen in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 05:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95