-
TMPGEnc for linux?
Anyone do any video conversion here?
TMPGEnc Studio is great for windows but well im trying to forget windows. And i really dont want to use Wine.
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html
Would like to no which programs that is about the same as TMPGEnc for linux.
or just a program that have two main features that I need which is:
Convert to DVD-Video [or Mpeg2] - aka DVD-VCD
DVD Author [make Dvd menu/ chapters]
---------------------
Knoppix is so cool
-
Senior Member
registered user
I used mplayer / mencoder to convert my DVD's to DIVX avi files, with the size varying on screen width and bit rate you specify. A high quality copy is about 1.2G for a 2 hour movie, low quality is about 700M for a 2 hour movie.
This works well with replaying them back with zine. Currently I have a couple of scripts that I used for this, but you could also use AcidRip if you want a pretty front end on it. Can't help you too much with the subtitles as I have not needed this yet.
Hope this information is helpful,
~pau1
-
hmm
Can u tell me how exactly u got mplayer install on ur Knoppix system.
"rpm -i mplayer.rpm" - didnt work
Downloaded an "mplayer.deb" file off the net says missing libxvidcore4 which debian doesnt have.
also tryed
apt-get -f install - fixed some but not all
I would of try converting the original rpm file to deb but i donno how.
Or from source but i donno how to build also.
If this is the way to do it plz show me how thanx
-
Senior Member
registered user
I had to remaster KNOPPIX (not as daunting as it seems) to put mplayer and mencoder on it. I will not go into the details here as it is covered pretty thoroughly in the documentation section. However, I did use apt-get install mplayer mencoder to install the software before remastering.
The only other option is to use klik to install to a live CD, but I'm not sure how well this works, as all apps are not currently supported.
A plain vanilla KNOPPIX distro (without remastering) will not do what you want it to do. Much "must have" software is not distributed as there are various copy right / legal ambiguities / license restrictions / etc.
Some distributions do include this functionality though. I got started with LinuxConsole before I started rolling my own.
Looky here:
http://www.linuxconsole.org/index.php?langue=en
~pau1
Similar Threads
-
By eckotech in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-13-2006, 01:15 AM
-
By skitzojase in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2006, 07:56 AM
-
By Jakykong in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00

128 GB MICRON (4x32gb) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y DDR4 SERVER MEMORY
$700.00

Samsung 128gb 4x32 2133MHz ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$449.99

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00

Lot of (10) (10*16Gb) mixed brands DDR4 Memory PC4-3200AA2666V
$599.00

Lot of 6, 32GB PC4, DDR4-2666V|3200A RAM Samsung, Edge, Sk-hynix Mix (Tested)
$950.00

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95