You have plenty of memory. Did you burn the file correctly? did you confirm the md5 sum? Did you burn it at a slow speed like 4x? Did you follow the instructions in the downloading faq reached by the documentation link at the top of this page?
Hi,
I have problem booting up my PC with the Linux cd. My PC has 256 Mb memory and it prompt me something such as unable to load file system.
Any idea why is it so? The knoppix.net said it could work with PC with 128 Mb memory.
Regards
You have plenty of memory. Did you burn the file correctly? did you confirm the md5 sum? Did you burn it at a slow speed like 4x? Did you follow the instructions in the downloading faq reached by the documentation link at the top of this page?
The CD is working fine. I have no problem getting to work with other PC with 512 Mb memory. I had even manage to get it to boot on a PC with 384 Mb memory. However I try it with 2 PC with 256 Mb memory but I can't get it to boot.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
I suspect that it is likely that you need to find the right combination of cheat codes for the system. I and many others have booted Knoppix on systems with 256 and less memory (I've booted it on 64 meg, it runs but is slow).Originally Posted by junwen
Have you tried "mem=256M" cheat code at the boot prompt? Please remember while giving this option while booting that you have exactly 256MB RAM. On most onboard vidoe based motherboards a part of RAM is shared by the VIDEO subset of motherboard. Deduct the amount of memory used by onboard memory controller (e.g. on i845 chipset motherboard 256-32 = 224 M)...
Try and post the results..
Thanks for all th reply. I manage to resolve the problem by changing the CD ROM. So it turns out to be a CD ROM compatibility problem after all.Originally Posted by raj1478
Zathras tell people "burn at 4x to avoid compatability issues". No one believe poor Zathras.

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Atari 850 Interface Module For ATARI 400/800 Computer Vintage Tested
$50.00
Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested
$29.78
Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29