You have plenty of memory. Did you burn the file correctly? did you confirm the md5 sum? Did you burn it at a slow speed like 4x? Did you follow the instructions in the downloading faq reached by the documentation link at the top of this page?
Hi,
I have problem booting up my PC with the Linux cd. My PC has 256 Mb memory and it prompt me something such as unable to load file system.
Any idea why is it so? The knoppix.net said it could work with PC with 128 Mb memory.
Regards
You have plenty of memory. Did you burn the file correctly? did you confirm the md5 sum? Did you burn it at a slow speed like 4x? Did you follow the instructions in the downloading faq reached by the documentation link at the top of this page?
The CD is working fine. I have no problem getting to work with other PC with 512 Mb memory. I had even manage to get it to boot on a PC with 384 Mb memory. However I try it with 2 PC with 256 Mb memory but I can't get it to boot.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
I suspect that it is likely that you need to find the right combination of cheat codes for the system. I and many others have booted Knoppix on systems with 256 and less memory (I've booted it on 64 meg, it runs but is slow).Originally Posted by junwen
Have you tried "mem=256M" cheat code at the boot prompt? Please remember while giving this option while booting that you have exactly 256MB RAM. On most onboard vidoe based motherboards a part of RAM is shared by the VIDEO subset of motherboard. Deduct the amount of memory used by onboard memory controller (e.g. on i845 chipset motherboard 256-32 = 224 M)...
Try and post the results..
Thanks for all th reply. I manage to resolve the problem by changing the CD ROM. So it turns out to be a CD ROM compatibility problem after all.Originally Posted by raj1478
Zathras tell people "burn at 4x to avoid compatability issues". No one believe poor Zathras.

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
2 PACK Cisco AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 Aironet 2802 Series Dual Band Access Point
$19.85
Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED Lot of 10
$22000.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco N9K-C93180YC-EX 48 10G/25G SFP 6 40G/100G QSFP Port Side Exhaust
$439.00
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99