You have plenty of memory. Did you burn the file correctly? did you confirm the md5 sum? Did you burn it at a slow speed like 4x? Did you follow the instructions in the downloading faq reached by the documentation link at the top of this page?
Hi,
I have problem booting up my PC with the Linux cd. My PC has 256 Mb memory and it prompt me something such as unable to load file system.
Any idea why is it so? The knoppix.net said it could work with PC with 128 Mb memory.
Regards
You have plenty of memory. Did you burn the file correctly? did you confirm the md5 sum? Did you burn it at a slow speed like 4x? Did you follow the instructions in the downloading faq reached by the documentation link at the top of this page?
The CD is working fine. I have no problem getting to work with other PC with 512 Mb memory. I had even manage to get it to boot on a PC with 384 Mb memory. However I try it with 2 PC with 256 Mb memory but I can't get it to boot.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
I suspect that it is likely that you need to find the right combination of cheat codes for the system. I and many others have booted Knoppix on systems with 256 and less memory (I've booted it on 64 meg, it runs but is slow).Originally Posted by junwen
Have you tried "mem=256M" cheat code at the boot prompt? Please remember while giving this option while booting that you have exactly 256MB RAM. On most onboard vidoe based motherboards a part of RAM is shared by the VIDEO subset of motherboard. Deduct the amount of memory used by onboard memory controller (e.g. on i845 chipset motherboard 256-32 = 224 M)...
Try and post the results..
Thanks for all th reply. I manage to resolve the problem by changing the CD ROM. So it turns out to be a CD ROM compatibility problem after all.Originally Posted by raj1478
Zathras tell people "burn at 4x to avoid compatability issues". No one believe poor Zathras.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
HP Z4 G4 Workstation Gaming PC Xeon W2145 16GB 256SSD Quadro M4000 Win11P *READ
$249.00
Dell Precision Tower 5810 Xeon E5-1630 v3 3.7GHz NO RAM RAM 500GB HDD PARTS
$120.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4110 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$550.00