You have plenty of memory. Did you burn the file correctly? did you confirm the md5 sum? Did you burn it at a slow speed like 4x? Did you follow the instructions in the downloading faq reached by the documentation link at the top of this page?
Hi,
I have problem booting up my PC with the Linux cd. My PC has 256 Mb memory and it prompt me something such as unable to load file system.
Any idea why is it so? The knoppix.net said it could work with PC with 128 Mb memory.
Regards
You have plenty of memory. Did you burn the file correctly? did you confirm the md5 sum? Did you burn it at a slow speed like 4x? Did you follow the instructions in the downloading faq reached by the documentation link at the top of this page?
The CD is working fine. I have no problem getting to work with other PC with 512 Mb memory. I had even manage to get it to boot on a PC with 384 Mb memory. However I try it with 2 PC with 256 Mb memory but I can't get it to boot.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
I suspect that it is likely that you need to find the right combination of cheat codes for the system. I and many others have booted Knoppix on systems with 256 and less memory (I've booted it on 64 meg, it runs but is slow).Originally Posted by junwen
Have you tried "mem=256M" cheat code at the boot prompt? Please remember while giving this option while booting that you have exactly 256MB RAM. On most onboard vidoe based motherboards a part of RAM is shared by the VIDEO subset of motherboard. Deduct the amount of memory used by onboard memory controller (e.g. on i845 chipset motherboard 256-32 = 224 M)...
Try and post the results..
Thanks for all th reply. I manage to resolve the problem by changing the CD ROM. So it turns out to be a CD ROM compatibility problem after all.Originally Posted by raj1478
Zathras tell people "burn at 4x to avoid compatability issues". No one believe poor Zathras.

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$235.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99