-
Status on overlay filesystem?
Just curius what the current status on that is, I haven't used knoppix in quite long, but I figure the knoppix comunity would know.
The reason I ask is I built a livecd a few ages ago and built a highly experimental overlay system, if there arn't any good current ones I'd consider building a new one, I think I can do so relativly simple. And even support stuff like "overlaying" files that are already there (for example if you want to upgrade to a newer version of a piece of software, the old version would be on cd, if the newer overlay is mounted it'd use that to "overwrite" the old system).
Is there any interest for this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Status on overlay filesystem?

Originally Posted by
neuron
Is there any interest for this?
Yes. It has been done officially in Knoppix 3.8.1, the lastest release. The Knoppix developers included UnionFS and have overlayed (via unionfs) a portion of the ramdisk on top of the / of the Knoppix CD, thus we now have "write access" what was once a read-only CDR. Search the forums for unionfs to learn more about unionfs in knoppix and/or use google to read up on unionfs.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By drtkm in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2009, 03:43 AM
-
By jim1944 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2007, 04:34 AM
-
By davea0511 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-15-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 11:42 PM
-
By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 04:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$949.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Samsung 860 Pro 256GB V-NAND SATA Solid State Drive SSD MZ-76P256 MZ7KH256HAHQ
$49.95