Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Trouble installing

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4

    Trouble installing

    First and foremost I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Linux. I've only been playing with it for a few weeks now, so please bear with my stupidity.

    I'm having a problem installing any RPM here is what I get.

    <ender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3.linux-gcc3x.i586.rpm';echo RESULT=$?
    error: failed dependencies:
    /bin/sh is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    /bin/sh is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    /bin/sh is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    libc.so.6 is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.3) is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    libdl.so.2 is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3
    RESULT=1

    It's all greek to me. What can I do to install an AV program. I've never really needed an AV with my Windows machine but I figured I could use this as a way to learn more about Knoppix.

    Also, I'm trying to get RealPlayer to integrate with Mozilla, I've installed RealPlayer and can run it fine, but when I try to play any Internet radio it gives me this message.

    Could not find appropriate hxplay or realplay in system path to use as an embedded player.

    Can anyone help me with these problems? Do you need any more information?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    39
    First of all why would you need RPMs under Knoppix? This is a Debian based distro and tehrefore the packages are called .deb. You can get them with apt-get or, if you prefer with Synaptic (also there's dselect).
    Secondly, whay do you need an AV under Linux? You say you didn't need one under Window$ (??!) but you want one for Linux? You're saying that you never had an AV for Win, you browsed the net and you didn't get any virus, spyware, etc. ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4
    Like I said I don't know anything about Linux, zip, zero.

    How would I get realplayer through apt-get?

    As for the AV I was just trying to get something to install, anything, and I thought that would be a good thing to try.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    london town
    Posts
    220
    for a nice anti virus i say
    Code:
    apt-get install clamav
    as for real player go to http://www.real.com/linux/

    download the realplayer.bin file
    Code:
    chmod +x realplayer.bin
    then
    Code:
    sudo ./realplayer.bin
    and watch it set its self up. bin = binary

    there are some things to add to the source.list in /etc/apt but i dont know what it is.

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble installing PerlTk (5.1)
    By fenzda in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 05:19 AM
  2. Dependencies? trouble when installing new software
    By n_nuos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 10:30 AM
  3. trouble installing
    By mike23 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 11:41 AM
  4. Trouble Installing Software
    By ikkenorsk in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:02 PM
  5. Trouble installing stuff (with apt-get and from source)
    By jerome187 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 04:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512

$65.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00