open konq type smb://ipwhatever then just click on the file you want and play with xine or xmms that should work i dont see why it wouldnt.
Hi,
Is there a way to playback media files (ie : avi, mp3, ogg) that are on a Samba share?
I couldn't figure out how to do this ; when I double click on a file, it has to be downloaded before playing. I also tried using the "SMB://" syntax in two of the media players (XMMS & an other one). Didn't work either.
PS : This is the first time I am in a Linux environment.
Thanks for any help provided.
open konq type smb://ipwhatever then just click on the file you want and play with xine or xmms that should work i dont see why it wouldnt.
I did try this, too. But the file had to be completely downloaded from the samba share (in a temp folder I guess) before it could be played. My question is : is it possible to play a file whithout having to download it completely? (streaming the file)

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00
Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA
$196.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99