-
Re: Knoppix home directory not persistent ?

Originally Posted by
bucodi
I'm running knoppix on a laptop from the live CD.
I've created a ext2 partition who acts as home directory.
When i boot with "knoppix home=/dev/hda6" everything works ok except that I discovered something weird.
When i look at the properties of the knoppix home directory it says "/ramdisk/home" so I suppose that the home directory is copied to ramdisk at startup?
Is this right?
What wonders me is, when I create something on the home directory and then reboot, at the reboot it's gone. Even when I do a "Save KNOPPIX configuration". Is this normal ?
Rony
I've the same problem (not only on a laptop) with Knoppix 3.8.1, if i put the home persistent directory image on a FAT32 filesystem all is rigth, but if i put the home persistent directory on e ext2 filesystem it does not work like a persistent directory...
Similar Threads
-
By jm47048 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-01-2006, 09:43 PM
-
By harryc in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By Dooley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

SEAGATE EXOS 4TB 7.2K 12Gb/s 3.5" 128MB Cach SAS ST4000NM0125 HDD hard drive
$59.99