-
Junior Member
registered user
DVD - Can't find a KNOPPIX Filesystem
I remastering a dvd version. The knoppix image file is 2,8 GB and the cd versions start without problem but when I add a directory with the file and I remastering my version I receive the error "Can't find a KNOPPIX Filesystem" when I start my new dvd. Somebody can't help me about this error?
I used all option in boot string but isn't a solution.
-
I haven't worked with Knoppix since version 3.4, but I had a similar problem when trying to create a dvd. There is a 2GB limitation (per file) when using an ISO9660 filesystem. You are most likely burning your dvd using ISO9660, so you'll need to get your Knoppix image file down to 2GB or less. Another possible option that I have not explored is to use UDF as the filesystem for your dvd. I don't know if this would work for sure and don't know exactly how to do it. Maybe someone here has already used UDF with a dvd and could give you instructions.
Ryan
Similar Threads
-
By sebiskaa in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-01-2005, 04:52 PM
-
By mariuss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 02:48 AM
-
By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
-
By firefly2442 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 08:00 PM
-
By pskipw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$449.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge R540 1x Intel Xeon Silver 4116 Server 8Gb Ram No HDDs
$425.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerVault DL2200 2x Xeon E5620 24GB RAM H700 2x500GB SAS RAID1
$199.00