Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DVD - Can't find a KNOPPIX Filesystem

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    17

    DVD - Can't find a KNOPPIX Filesystem

    I remastering a dvd version. The knoppix image file is 2,8 GB and the cd versions start without problem but when I add a directory with the file and I remastering my version I receive the error "Can't find a KNOPPIX Filesystem" when I start my new dvd. Somebody can't help me about this error?
    I used all option in boot string but isn't a solution.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8
    I haven't worked with Knoppix since version 3.4, but I had a similar problem when trying to create a dvd. There is a 2GB limitation (per file) when using an ISO9660 filesystem. You are most likely burning your dvd using ISO9660, so you'll need to get your Knoppix image file down to 2GB or less. Another possible option that I have not explored is to use UDF as the filesystem for your dvd. I don't know if this would work for sure and don't know exactly how to do it. Maybe someone here has already used UDF with a dvd and could give you instructions.

    Ryan

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By sebiskaa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 04:52 PM
  2. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem 3.7 vs 3.4
    By mariuss in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 02:48 AM
  3. can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
  4. Can't Find Knoppix FileSystem
    By firefly2442 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 08:00 PM
  5. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By pskipw in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99