-
Junior Member
registered user
ISO file download vs copying ISO from CD
I have a KNOPPIX CD and want to make an ISO image file in order to make copies. Of the machines available to me, two are partitioned with the NTFS and one has two partitions (vfat and ext2) with one of these partitions containing at least 850 meg free space.
So, I planned to use the tohd command to generate a CD image on the hard drive and then use the CD image (=iso file) to make bootable CDs. However, on that computer I haven't been successful in running the live CD (lots of Cloop errors).
I tried to download an isofile from various mirror sites but the rate is always very slow (5 - 12 KB/sec) and generally stops after 20-40 meg are downloaded. Tried bittorrent but the program never launches.
While I see captive NTFS on the KNOPPIX system after it launches (3.4 version that was included with KNOPPIX Hacking book), I have read that it is not a good idea to enable writing to NTFS.
I would appreciate a clarification about why it is OK to download an ISO image to an NTFS partition, but not OK to copy the same ISO file to an NTFS partition.
More importantly, I would appreciate advice from others about how I might best obtain an iso image. If I launch linux on my old laptop with 850 megs of free space, is there a simple way I can copy an iso image to it without using the knoppix to hd command?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By techz_boy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
-
By jch02140 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 03:14 PM
-
By TMcGrath in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 10:41 AM
-
By igor_m in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 05:48 PM
-
By PuTzHeAd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95