-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for the comments. I did implement port forwarding after it was suggested by one of the responders (and I read about it). As I haven't worked in linux a lot, I am not familiar with using cat to copy the CD.
The 10th time I attempted to use Bittorrent, I chose "open" rather than save to disk and the client opened immediately and started downloading (I don't see this mentioned in the FAQ and it doesn't seem obvious except in hindsight<g>). While the download speed wasn't as high as many others have reported (~20-25 k/sec), it kept chugging along overnight and in the morning was complete, and looks to be the correct size (I haven't yet checked the MD5 sum).
Thanks to both responders.
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By techz_boy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
-
By jch02140 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 03:14 PM
-
By TMcGrath in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 10:41 AM
-
By igor_m in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 05:48 PM
-
By PuTzHeAd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99