No. Knoppix locks the partition the tohd is installed on.Originally Posted by Nick889
Ok, I'll give as much detail upfront.
I have 1 partition with win98 on it and wanted to be able to explore knoppix without messing with other partitions and get all messy and stuff. So I used the tohd command and I did the following..
tohd=/dev/hda1
it worked as expected and booted correctly. However.... I can not change the read/write permission on the hda1 disk. Everytime I right click and select "Actions" then select "Change read/write mode" I get an error about how the drive is already being accessed and it can not change it. This of course is because I am booting from it.
Is their anyway I can change this so that I can write to the same drive I did my tohd command on? I tried changing the setting when booting from cd and it works just fine. I saved my config and did "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda1" at the boot prompt and all my configuration options load normal when i use "fromhd=/dev/hda1" EXCEPT for that the drive still isn't writable.
What can I do? Any knoppix guru's want to help a newbie?
No. Knoppix locks the partition the tohd is installed on.Originally Posted by Nick889
Here is a case where a partition pointed-at by fromhd= and home= is writeable:Originally Posted by CrashedAgain
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Based...ing_GRUB_on_HD

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59