Hi:
I have used Knoppix CD boot to salvage data from trashed hard drives. I recently changed from 3.6 to 3.7. I had used my SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB drive (256-MB, formatted VFAT) to store my settings and was able to point to it with "home=" in booting 3.6 and it worked great.
But in 3.7, the USB drive mounts read-only. I can came become ROOT, unmount, and remount for all users and can then read and write to it as the non-root user. ( iuse mount -t vfat -o user,rw,exec,umask=000 /dev/ubb1 /mnt/ubb1).
But even doing that does not show the USB drive as a possible place to make my persistent home directory. This is on computers where I could with Knoppix 3.6.
I get the message "Create persistent home directory -- No suitable partitions..."
Am I stuck. I tried reformatting the USB drive, but that did not help. Should it be "/dev/ubb1"?
Any help is appreciiated.
Jess

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$295.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
$170.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99