-
Cannot Create persistent home directory on USB Thumb drive
Hi:
I have used Knoppix CD boot to salvage data from trashed hard drives. I recently changed from 3.6 to 3.7. I had used my SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB drive (256-MB, formatted VFAT) to store my settings and was able to point to it with "home=" in booting 3.6 and it worked great.
But in 3.7, the USB drive mounts read-only. I can came become ROOT, unmount, and remount for all users and can then read and write to it as the non-root user. ( iuse mount -t vfat -o user,rw,exec,umask=000 /dev/ubb1 /mnt/ubb1).
But even doing that does not show the USB drive as a possible place to make my persistent home directory. This is on computers where I could with Knoppix 3.6.
I get the message "Create persistent home directory -- No suitable partitions..."
Am I stuck. I tried reformatting the USB drive, but that did not help. Should it be "/dev/ubb1"?
Any help is appreciiated.
Jess
Similar Threads
-
By stan45 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By harryc in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By newbie3777 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By kinsnet in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00