Hi all,
I don't get usb devices to work (on a hp omnibook 4150, USB 1.0) with Knoppix 3.7 HD installed or cdrom either.
I tried both kernels, I tried to mount /dev/sda1 (results in error message ".. is not a block device"). There is no icon on desktop when I boot with usb stick inserted.
When I plug it in/out there is no reaction in any logfile.
I started hotplug daemon which should manage usb (Am I right here?).
It issues errors during start (see syslog output)
Below the output of syslog, dmesg and mount.
I appreciate any help
Thank you
Britt
Code:root@Osiris:~# dmesg | grep usb usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs usb.c: registered new driver hub usb-uhci.c: $Revision: 1.275 $ time 00:50:50 Aug 9 2004 usb-uhci.c: High bandwidth mode enabled usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0xfcc0, IRQ 10 usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1 usb-uhci.c: v1.275:USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver usbdevfs: remount parameter error <----------- ? usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage root@Osiris:~# less /var/log/syslog Feb 16 11:11:46 Osiris syslogd 1.4.1#15: restart. Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: maestro: already loaded Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: usb-uhci: blacklisted Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: yenta_socket: already loaded Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/hotplug/shpch p.o: init_module: Operation not permitted Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect m odule parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You may find mo re information in syslog or the output from dmesg Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/hotplug/shpch p.o: insmod shpchp failed Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: shpchp: can't be loaded Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: missing kernel or user mode driver shpch p Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/hotplug/pcieh p.o: init_module: Operation not permitted Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect m odule parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You may find mo re information in syslog or the output from dmesg Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/hotplug/pcieh p.o: insmod pciehp failed Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: pciehp: can't be loaded Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: missing kernel or user mode driver pcieh p Feb 16 11:11:48 Osiris usb.agent[775]: Bad USB agent invocation <------- ? root@Osiris:~# mount /dev/hda6 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro) /dev/root.old on /initrd type ext2 (rw) proc on /proc type proc (rw) /dev/pts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw) /proc/bus/usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw,devmode=0666) automount(pid515) on /mnt/auto type autofs (rw,fd=4,pgrp=515,minproto=2,maxproto=4)

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Lot of 12 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets with BAD LCD for Parts
$381.38
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.5" Tablet SM-X200 (Gray 32GB) Wifi CRACKED
$41.93
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68