Hi all,
I don't get usb devices to work (on a hp omnibook 4150, USB 1.0) with Knoppix 3.7 HD installed or cdrom either.
I tried both kernels, I tried to mount /dev/sda1 (results in error message ".. is not a block device"). There is no icon on desktop when I boot with usb stick inserted.
When I plug it in/out there is no reaction in any logfile.
I started hotplug daemon which should manage usb (Am I right here?).
It issues errors during start (see syslog output)
Below the output of syslog, dmesg and mount.
I appreciate any help
Thank you
Britt
Code:root@Osiris:~# dmesg | grep usb usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs usb.c: registered new driver hub usb-uhci.c: $Revision: 1.275 $ time 00:50:50 Aug 9 2004 usb-uhci.c: High bandwidth mode enabled usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0xfcc0, IRQ 10 usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1 usb-uhci.c: v1.275:USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver usbdevfs: remount parameter error <----------- ? usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage root@Osiris:~# less /var/log/syslog Feb 16 11:11:46 Osiris syslogd 1.4.1#15: restart. Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: maestro: already loaded Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: usb-uhci: blacklisted Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: yenta_socket: already loaded Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/hotplug/shpch p.o: init_module: Operation not permitted Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect m odule parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You may find mo re information in syslog or the output from dmesg Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/hotplug/shpch p.o: insmod shpchp failed Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: shpchp: can't be loaded Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: missing kernel or user mode driver shpch p Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/hotplug/pcieh p.o: init_module: Operation not permitted Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect m odule parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You may find mo re information in syslog or the output from dmesg Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/drivers/hotplug/pcieh p.o: insmod pciehp failed Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: pciehp: can't be loaded Feb 16 11:11:47 Osiris pci.agent[681]: missing kernel or user mode driver pcieh p Feb 16 11:11:48 Osiris usb.agent[775]: Bad USB agent invocation <------- ? root@Osiris:~# mount /dev/hda6 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro) /dev/root.old on /initrd type ext2 (rw) proc on /proc type proc (rw) /dev/pts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw) /proc/bus/usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw,devmode=0666) automount(pid515) on /mnt/auto type autofs (rw,fd=4,pgrp=515,minproto=2,maxproto=4)

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00