Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: knopix 3.7 boot problem: error -3 uncompressing block...

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    hier
    Posts
    18

    knopix 3.7 boot problem: error -3 uncompressing block...

    hi!
    I'm new whith knoppix and I'm a bit helplessly whith my new cd...
    yesterday I've loaded the .iso of knopix 3.7, and I burned it with nero.

    the machine (celeron 400mhz, 256mb ram, 40 + 10 gig ide hdd) boots from cdrom,but after the message "Setting paths..." there are 22 messages

    "cloop: error -3 uncompressing block 1658 65536/0/25369/0 25313071-25338440"
    (but NO message about any read errors!!!!)

    and between them there are 10 messages with I/O-errors(like /linuxrc: /knoppix/bin/rm: I/O error).

    and, verry strangely, about in the middle of them is the message:

    awk: not found
    awk: not found
    Total memory found: kB

    the last message is

    FAT: bogus logical sector size 12288
    kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:03

    my hard disks and the cdromdrive where recognized correctly

    I tried to boot with "knoppix mem=256M"and tried the same on my notebook, but there was no change.

    Does this mean that my memory is not found by knoppix or is just the image defective?

    I searched in all faqs and all forums I could find but I found nothing to this topic.

    I wouldbe glad about any tip I get...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    hier
    Posts
    18
    how can I test if the cd is corrupt (with win xp) ? I was so stupid to delete the image on my hard disk, i do only have that disk...

    thanx for your help!!!

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    hier
    Posts
    18
    ok now it works.

    i loaded a new image, and this one i burned on 4x with nero and an other burner(the one in my notebook seems to bee a bit temperamental...

    i checked the image with md5sums.exe and the disk with knoppix cdtest... everything ok
    I just have to start with knoppix nodma...but thats no problem

    thanks for your tip

    HONK

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 06:43 AM
  2. How to boot with knopix by using a diskette?
    By grobo in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 08:19 PM
  3. block-major-2 error on boot
    By phillfri in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:53 PM
  4. block size error
    By KChris in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 01:47 PM
  5. Diskless Install Error "block-major-2 not found"
    By phillfri in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



NEW Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+Plus 5G 2026 | 128GB GRAY KIT X238U picture

NEW Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+Plus 5G 2026 | 128GB GRAY KIT X238U

$185.00



64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.  picture

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.

$280.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$119.99



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00



64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.  picture

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.

$260.00