Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Open Office 2 and Kanotix 2005-01

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17

    Open Office 2 and Kanotix 2005-01

    Probono,

    Have just run through the install of Open Office 2 (prerelease); the download took place, there appeared to be an install section, however there was no cmg icon on the desktop and I have been unable to find any cmg files except my Prozgui one.

    Do you have any known problems with the Kanotix 2005-01 release??

    Thanks

    ray

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Hi RayB,

    while most cmg files get auto-created by klik on the client machine, ooo2 is different: I have hand-created the cmg file and klik is supposed to just download it to your desktop (and probably there is still a bug in this - do you have a 100mb file in your $HOME? - just rename it ooo2.cmg and see if it works).

    I've very recently uploaded a new ooo2 cmg and didn't have the time yet to test it very well. If you don't mind another 100mb download, you can grab the cmg directly from the server: http://klik.atekon.de/cmg/ooo2.cmg - I'd appreciate your feedback on whether it works. There is still the older version (and this definitely works) on http://klik.atekon.de/cmg/ooo2-alt.cmg

    Hope this helps.

    Greetings,
    probono

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17
    Probono,

    Well this is most peculiar. There are no files in my home directory, only the user folder and theres nothing untoward or unknown in there, nothing in the tmp file. I have run a search for *.cmg. cmg using the file:/ plus subfolders, no returns.

    I have downloaded the new 0002.cmg as advised, the download took place, when it finished there was a fair amount of disk activity but nothing on the desktop, nothing in the home directory, find could not locate the file. I completed this process first as a user and when nothing could be found I reran the process as root, still nothing to be found anywhere.

    Any ideas where I should look for it. I am running Kanotix 2005-01 on a 40GB partition with 4.4GB used.

    I have just tried, as an alternative, to download the file using Prozgui, however the following errors occurred:

    1. On the Prozilla download screen
    Unable to open file /mnt/app/1/usr/0002.cmg.prozilla: read only file system

    2. Kde type message

    There doesn't seem to be enough free space or a disk write failed when attempting to create output file.

    Now I am even more confused than I was before.

    Ray

Similar Threads

  1. Kanotix 2005-03 32-bit and 64-bit out now
    By eco2geek in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 04:18 PM
  2. Cinerella on Kanotix 2005-1
    By bigkahuna in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 09:50 PM
  3. unionFS on Kanotix 2005-02
    By drb in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:59 PM
  4. Kanotix 2005-01
    By RayB in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 07:25 PM
  5. Dvdshrink and Kanotix 2005-01
    By RayB in forum Klik
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$640.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold SE Firewall VPN Network Security Appliance Black/Yellow picture

Firewalla Gold SE Firewall VPN Network Security Appliance Black/Yellow

$350.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00