Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Trouble Apt-getting Firestarter

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Trouble Apt-getting Firestarter

    Hi Fellow Knoppix-izers,

    I am having one heck of a time trying to get Firestarter installed. I was in the middle of an apt-get then got bumped off line. I was able to eliminate some error messages when I retried to apt-get again when I used the
    --fix-missing option.

    But now I still get this:

    Err http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main gnome-mime-data 2.4.1-2
    404 Not Found
    Failed to fetch http://ftp.de.debian.org/pub/debian/....4.1-2_all.deb 404 Not Found

    Any ideas as to what I should do next?

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Try it again. I just naviagted to that url & the file seems to be there. Perhaps their server was down for a bit.
    I have never had to use the 'fix-missing' option with apt, if an install gets interrupted it usually works just to repeat the apt-get install command & it will continue the dwnload where it left off.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Thanks, I'll try again

    I had tried going to the site with my browser but got no luck.

    Sounds like it's back up.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble with jdk?
    By Israel in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 04:51 PM
  2. Sound Trouble + Modem Trouble on Knoppix 4.0
    By AJones in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
  3. Including Firestarter Firewall in future releases
    By linuxbookmarks in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 07:27 PM
  4. Firestarter
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 12:15 AM
  5. Trouble with AIM 1.5.286
    By chad948 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 ) picture

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )

$24.99