Is it possible to play Flash without using Web-browser? I can play shockware and flash files in Firefox but how do you run flash as a file?
Jimmy
Is it possible to play Flash without using Web-browser? I can play shockware and flash files in Firefox but how do you run flash as a file?
Jimmy
You might be able to use a special executable file specifically designed to run swf files without a browser... Personally, I always run them in a browser... that way they save their cookies properly - saved games work, etc. Why is it that you don't want to run them in a web browser?
~(my name is) Jimmy (too!)
In Windows (not Linux) you might try "Irfan View."
Why not use browser? Answer: Most SWF are annoying ads. The ones that aren't ads tend to be distracting attempts at multimedia. I don't have Flash installed, for that reason. But once in a while, something that might be useful is in SWF format.
And for viewing sites that are built entirely in flash?Originally Posted by Robert A.
www.homestarrunner.com for example
I use a firefox extension called flashblock that turns all SWF objects in a page into little "play" buttons. They don't load until you click on them. This way I can view sites that are written entirely in flash without having to wget the whole site locally and then view it with a 3rd party program.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASRock B650M PG Lightning WiFi mATX AMD AM5 DDR5 4 DIMM HDMI M.2 - AS IS. READ
$30.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell OptiPlex 7070 MFF Motherboard Chipset Q370 Socket LGA1151 IPCFL-BS EK C1R19
$40.99