-
How do i boot a laptop with no floppy???
I deperately want to divorce from micro****
I have an ASUS M2400E laptop and I would like to start knoppix on it.
Problem is it does not boot the CD and it hasn't got a floppy drive.
Any suggestions?
I have no clue!
(I'm a beginner, no experience with Linux apart from trying to get the thing started a million times)
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: How do i boot a laptop with no floppy???

Originally Posted by
suvio
[.....Problem is it does not boot the CD and it hasn't got a floppy drive.
Any suggestions? )
One would assume that a laptop with a CD and no floppy is certainly capable of booting from CD. Since you posted no other information, the most obvious diagnosis from what we have been given is that you burnt the iso improperly, at high speed, or didn't check the md5 sum. Read the downloading faq which you can find from the documentation link at the top of this page.
-
Senior Member
registered user
When you're booting the machine, get into your BIOS by tapping either the F2 or DEL key (it differs by manufacturer)
Then change the boot sequence to place the CD-ROM before the HDD in your sequence so it checks the CD first, and then if it doesn't find a bootable CD, it will boot your HDD normally. This only adds a fraction of a second to your boot time and greatly increases the flexibility of your computer.
-
THANK YOU MY FRIENDS IT DID WORK WITH THE ESC KEY. I ALSO CHECKED THAT THE CD READER WAS PROPERLY INSERTED IN ITS BAY.
KNOPPIX IS RUNNING WELL, I AM SAVING MY OWN CONFIGURATION (I'M QUITE PROUD OF THIS!) I STILL HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS... ALL THE BEST!!!
Similar Threads
-
By quietas in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-15-2007, 06:04 AM
-
By mskogly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:51 AM
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 05:14 PM
-
By holyboy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:45 PM
-
By MikeyMustang in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99