-
Can't find the Knoppix filesystem error never disappear
I read a few introductions to remastering and customiztion, and I am just making my first Knoppix. But whenever I create the bootable iso file, and boot it in a virtual pc, it always responds to me an error:
Can't find the Knoppix filesystem
when the booting sequence comes to the end of scanning filesystem devices, such as /dev/hda1 and etc.
I thought it might be caused by an md5 sum error, and I searched here ending up with a command to refresh the md5sums in KNOPPIX directory:
rm KNOPPIX/md5sums; find -type f -not -name md5sums -not -name boot.cat -not -name isolinux.bin -exec rm {} \; > KNOPPIX/md5sums
because when I failed with my compressed_fs img I thought the image may be wrong, so I actually used all the file in the cd-rom to re-create a knoppix cd. I checked the original english version in the virtual pc and it can be booted correctly. But with my own it fails.
I thought about my way of creating the iso file. This is:
mkisofs -R -l -J -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o ../released/try.iso .
Any suggestion is fully appreciated! Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By nofsystem in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:18 PM
-
By sebiskaa in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-01-2005, 04:52 PM
-
By strtt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 06:44 PM
-
By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 05:11 AM
-
By your_breakfast in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00