-
Senior Member
registered user
Belyi;
Your suspicions are probably right.
It is strange that the programs ran ok when downloaded from Debian in Unionfs but can't run after full install. A messed up rc directory would make sense.
It brings up a question. How can a remaster boot correctly if such a thing happens? I may have to change how I add programs...say, get permission to load!!!!!
I feel that apt-get install should take care of the details and it did with Unionfs, putting the program into kdemenu(s).
Since it does install to Kdemenu, the probability is that it also hits other kde elements as well.
The mechanics of performing the removal of /etc/rc.d and subsequent install of the original is a big exercise in dual mounts of 790 MB each.
This problem will erupt every time I load new programs as far as I can tell if it is the /etc/rc.d directory.
It is kdeinit that does not start so its related to the init 5 steps.
I think I need to retry. I can select some other programs in a retry but have to uninstall those I have already in file. Another exercise1
Thanks for your support......
Similar Threads
-
By foamrotreturns in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2005, 05:11 AM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 04:51 PM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 23
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 12:04 AM
-
By Rachel Sykes in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By ceejay187 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 *TESTED FOR POWER*
$349.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00