The 'windows boot kit' requires an extra copy of the vmlinuz and initrd, as well as a megabyte or so for QEMU. Adding those to the Knoppix 3.7 CD caused it to overflow the standard size for a CD ... it would work fine on a DVD, but that's not convenient for everyone either. So I took off the 2.6 kernel and initrd.

Linux 2.6 is set up by default for HZ=1000, i.e. 1000 timer ticks per second. Running this in emulation with QEMU is hard, and I haven't got into rebuilding kernels yet. This means that 2.4 kernels are rather more practical under QEMU. If you'd like to try a 2.6 kernel, there's always 'SuSE-for-Windows', 'Warty-for-Windows', and 'Kanotix-for-Windows'. And there was space on 'knosciences-for-windows', so that has 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.

Besides, running under Windows doesn't really need the extras that a 2.6 kernel brings.

You're welcome to take what I did and improve on it ... for example, you can put back the missing files (into the 'qemu*/bootcd.iso' as well as in the boot directory) and remaster onto a DVD, or try overburning a CD ... I have done nothing to stop you, and it should work perfectly well.

You also know the solution to 'not enough seeds'. I'm doing all I can !