Belyi:

The procedure produced a bootable DVD+RW disc that has a slow install for KDE. Myconfig is correct, internet OK.

The procedure was modified a small amount to permit it to run. The download of minirt26 generated a file in /tmp/kde-root with a coded ID. I changed it with RENAME to the specified...minirt26-knxapp.gz.

Rather than move the file, I changed the cp command; thus

cp /tmp/kde-root/minirt26-knxapp.gz newimage/boot/isolinux/minirt26.gz

No problem with mkisofs nor the burn with K3b.

I assume that this procedure will allow a large install >2GB in the concatenate step if a compatible kernel related KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file is sustituted for the file that exists during the previous steps in /mnt/src..... before the cat step is initiated.

I appreciate this very much and am certainly thankful for your able guidance through the process.

There seems to be a great deal of interest in this activity and it certainly came out simplified!!!

Please make any pertinent comments on my effort...