I'm not sure how to describe this, but my internet has been set up on all
the distros I use and I don't mess around with them after they're working.
This morning I decided to go online ( external mutitech modem on a dial up ) which
was working fine and I couldn't get anything but exit status 19-actually sometimes kppp
would give the error "deamon died while waiting for pppd interface to come up" (something like that ) Oh and also I know that exit status 19 means failure to authenticate to peer. I have the
"noauth" parameter selected in kppp and as I said everything was working fine.
I have had this happen before and sometimes I've had to go through everything in
/etc/ppp/ which IS a ton of work. This problem doesn't happen with SuSE or slackware, but
I seem to see it in debian based distros.
Doesn't anyone notice degraded pppd over time? and is there a solution?

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers
$164.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller
$23.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$22.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99