I'm not sure how to describe this, but my internet has been set up on all
the distros I use and I don't mess around with them after they're working.
This morning I decided to go online ( external mutitech modem on a dial up ) which
was working fine and I couldn't get anything but exit status 19-actually sometimes kppp
would give the error "deamon died while waiting for pppd interface to come up" (something like that ) Oh and also I know that exit status 19 means failure to authenticate to peer. I have the
"noauth" parameter selected in kppp and as I said everything was working fine.
I have had this happen before and sometimes I've had to go through everything in
/etc/ppp/ which IS a ton of work. This problem doesn't happen with SuSE or slackware, but
I seem to see it in debian based distros.
Doesn't anyone notice degraded pppd over time? and is there a solution?

Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD
$34.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Western Digital WD 3.5" Western Digital Red 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD - Works great
$79.99
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00