-
Senior Member
registered user
Inconsistant KPPP/PPPD
I'm not sure how to describe this, but my internet has been set up on all
the distros I use and I don't mess around with them after they're working.
This morning I decided to go online ( external mutitech modem on a dial up ) which
was working fine and I couldn't get anything but exit status 19-actually sometimes kppp
would give the error "deamon died while waiting for pppd interface to come up" (something like that ) Oh and also I know that exit status 19 means failure to authenticate to peer. I have the
"noauth" parameter selected in kppp and as I said everything was working fine.
I have had this happen before and sometimes I've had to go through everything in
/etc/ppp/ which IS a ton of work. This problem doesn't happen with SuSE or slackware, but
I seem to see it in debian based distros.
Doesn't anyone notice degraded pppd over time? and is there a solution?
Similar Threads
-
By GerryA in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 06:57 PM
-
By kn2user in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 04:58 PM
-
By e2k in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 12:14 AM
-
By spamhippy in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By kc1di in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$600.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

CISCO CP-8821-K9 Wireless IP VoIP Phone (no battery) (J662)
$139.95

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

YEASTAR MODEL TA2400 NEOGATE VOIP ANALOG FXS GATEWAY WITH 24 CHANNEL PHONE/FAX
$250.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99