Hey Folks
Got a problem with XMMS. I use it to play cds but every now and then something goes awry. Typically I put a cd into the cdrom, click on the +FILE button on the playlist, select all files and play 'em w/out any problems. However, every now and then something will go wrong, e.g. I was playing a 13 track cd just now and it stopped playing at track 7. I opened and closed the tray, removed the files from the playlist and clicked +FILE to add 'em again, but they were not displayed - I couldn't add them. I then clicked on options -> preferences -> CD Audio Player -> Configure -> Check Drive and received the message "Failed to open device /dev/cdrom. Error: No such device or address.
Logging out and back in does not solve the problem. Rebooting does, but this ain't windows, right?
Can anybody tell me where to look to fix this problem? Can I post any other info that will help in solving the problem?
Cheers
Joe (aka Stapper)

Lot 43 Mixed Brands Micron MT16KTF1G64HZ-1G6N1 8GB 2Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-F3 RAM
$649.99
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Mixed Lot of 248 SAMSUNG 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R DDR3 M393B1K70CH0-CH9Q5 Server RAM
$1999.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99
Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ 128GB (8x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz
$899.99
Ballistix 8GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming
$40.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
ADATA XPG Spectrix White RGB AX4U320038G16-BW41 32GB DDR4 matching set of 8GB
$149.99