-
boot splash screen runs in unsuported mode by monitor
Ok so I never thought I would have a monitor problem but I have one now I have no idea how to fix. I switched monitors with my wife and now I have the flat panel LCD. However when I boot the initial boot screen is just fine but when it switches to the welcome to Knoppix screen with the list of services and hardware being started (henceforth called the splash screen) the image is blurry and is displayed split in half horzontaly. When the machine finishes booting all is fine. While its doing this funky split thing the monitor displays a msg "mode not supported. How do I, or can I change the monitor settings for this portion of the boot up. It does the same thing with kanotix and gentoo. I can't setup gentoo because the whole setup is in this funky mode and is unreadable. Can I force the startup to use the same v and h sync rates as the system has once fully booted? Any ideas?
Computer:
Iwill xp333 mb
amd athlon xp1800 cpu
512 mb ram
sis 315 agp video card
Monitor: Sylvania LCD
It also does this when the system is shutting down.
Similar Threads
-
By aunib in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-18-2006, 10:07 PM
-
By willy_hun in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2006, 04:51 PM
-
By RedBrain in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-20-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By spiff1281 in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 10:33 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 02:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo Yoga 11e Gen 5 2-in-1 Touchscreen 11" HD Laptop 4GB 128GB SSD Windows 11
$99.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99