only thing i can think of is maybe a dns issue.
what does ifconfig show in knoppix and what does ipconfig /all show in windows if you use windows.
Running Knoppix 3.7 Live CD on A Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop
with a D-link DWL-G650(pcmcia) connecting to a Dlink DI-624(router).
I can ping the router and I can access it thru Konqueror browser,
BUT, I can't browse any sites!!!
I am a newb, what am I missing????
Encryption = off.
ESSID:" yes,it's okay"
Access Point: ok.ok.ok.ok.ok.ok
MODE: managed
Frequency = 2.417ghz
Bit Rate= 36mbs
Tx-Power=off
Sensitivity=0/3
Retry=off
RTS thr=off
Fragment thr=off
Power Management=off
Link Quality=48/94
Signal Level=47dbm
Noise Level= -95dbm
Rx invalid:0
Rx invalid crypt:0
Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0
Invalid misc:0
Missed beacon:0
tHANKS
only thing i can think of is maybe a dns issue.
what does ifconfig show in knoppix and what does ipconfig /all show in windows if you use windows.
Pureone here is the info. X = CENSORED
ath0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XX.XX.XX.XX.XX.XX
inet addr: 192.168.0.XXX Bcast: 192.168.0.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
Rx packets:407 errors:686 dropped:0 overuns:0 frame:686
TX packets:34 errors:0 droppped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueue:199
RX bytes:35975 (35.1 KiB) TX bytes:3252 (3.1KiB)
Interrupt:10 Memory:e0c62000-e0c72000
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:11 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:11 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueue:0
RX bytes:600 (600.0b) TX bytes:600 (600.0b)
Windows info:
WINDOWS IP CONFIGURATION
Host name = XXXXXXXXXX
Primary suffix =
Node type = Hybrid
IP routing enabled=no
WINS Proxy enabled=no
DNS Suffix Search list= XXXXXXX.XXX.COM
ETHERNET adapter WIRELSS NETWORK CONNECTION 1:
Connection-specific DNS suffix XXXXXXX.XXX.COM
Description= D-link Airplus Xtreme G DWL-650 ADPTER #2
Physical address = XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX (note, same hw address reported in ifconfig)
DHCP ENABLED=YES
AUTOCONFIG ENABLED=YES
IP ADDRESS= 192.168.0.XXX (note,different IP address reported in ifconfig)
Subnet Mask= 255.255.255.0
Default gateway = 192.168.0.1
DHCP server = 192.168.0.1
DNS servers = 192.168.0.1
Lease obtained Feb XX,2005
Lease expire Feb XX,2005
Thanks in advance.
B0SC0
make sure you set the dns in knoppix unless your using pump -i wlan0.
does it say host can not be found. or does it say connection timed out? when trying to browse the web.
I am using pump -i ath0
I beleive it said host can't be found.
I guess what really cooks my noodle is that I can access and ping the router with
no problem. So that tells me the link from the laptop to the router is okay.
B0SC0

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99