-
Bug in Knoppix (or KDE?) - Min/Max/Close Buttons Disapear!
I am pretty sure that this is a bug and not something of my own doing but if I am wrong, please correct me. Every so often when using knoppix all of a sudden the window buttons in the title bar such as minimize, maximize and close, all go away! They are just gone!
I can still alter the windows by right clicking and selecting the option, but thats very annoying to have them disapear like this. Only way I've been able to fix it is by doing a full reboot. Even ending the current session does not work and this bug happens to all windows at the same time; so its just not just one program.
I am using Knoppix 3.7-2004-12-08_EN (Debian Based HD Install on ext2 disk)
I am unsure if it is a bug in Debian, Knoppix or KDE. Any help is appreciated. Also even if you don't know the answer to my question... if this has happened to you before by all means post. I would feel better knowing I am not the only one to expierence this and it may very well be a possible bug. I'll try playing with it and see if the problem occurs in both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernerl versions. This is what appears in LILO in the way of Linux versions. Confirmed means the bug occurs in that version.
LILO Boot Loader
Linux - [confirmed]
Linux 2.4 [confirmed]
Linux 2.6 [unknown - will test]
UPDATE:
I have found a temporary fix for this bug. You have to manually add the buttons through the Control center, but atleast it works.
K-Menu >> Control Center >> Select "Apperance and Themes" from the menu at the left >> select "Window Decorations" >> Select the Buttons Tab at the top >> drag the min/max/close buttons to the title bar shown in the menu in the order you wish to have them
Similar Threads
-
By grus in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-05-2006, 03:24 AM
-
By kevingpo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-07-2005, 02:28 AM
-
By sych in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 08:59 PM
-
By Morph_NX in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 04:14 AM
-
By atlan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98