Hello,
I have a problem with Knoppix 3.7 and my USB key (512 MB PQI).
I used to have Knoopix 3.4 and my USB key was working fine ; its icon was appearing on the desktop as soon as I plugged it.
But since version 3.7 my usb key doesn't appear on the desktop.
However I can access and write to it as root (in /mnt/buba).
My problem is the following : I want to create a persistant knoppix home directory.
I start the script but at the step when I have to select a partition for the homedir, Knoppix doesn't let me choose my USB key, I juste have the list of the hard disk partitions.
Did someone have the same problem ?

Here are some additionnal information :

The content of /etc/fstab :
Code:
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/uba /mnt/uba vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000,uid=knoppix,gid=knoppix 0 0

I checked with the "dmesg" command :
Code:
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using address 2
uba: device 2 capacity nsec 50 bsize 512
uba: made changed
uba: device 2 capacity nsec 1023488 bsize 512
uba: device 2 capacity nsec 1023488 bsize 512
 uba: unknown partition table
 uba: unknown partition table

My USB key has been formated under Windows (FAT32 format).


Thank you very much.