-
network cards problem
I'm a Knoppix newbie. I'm still learing a lot about it. I ran into trouble with my network card, i don't know how to install it, and where I can find the drivers of my network card, in windows my network card name is "SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter". I need that somebody told me how to install it. and where i can search de drivers. thanks, I hope someone can help so I can learn a little more on here.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you tried this at the command line:
netcardconfig
If you use DHCP simply click DHCP-if youuse a static ip then enter the appropriate info. Post back if you need assistance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: network cards problem

Originally Posted by
morenaso45
...in Windows my network card name is SiS 900... "
Is your network interface on-board? Which SiS chipset do you have (or which motherboard model)? Someone said in an earlier posting that newer revs of the on-board 900 emulation had problems, but it's always worked for me on my SiS735-based board.
The introduction to this section says "Please post a full output of lspci -v if your hardware is not detected, and all relevant information about your hardware." That's your next step.
Similar Threads
-
By ctav01 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 08:08 PM
-
By tealeaf in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 09:56 AM
-
By robert01483 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 10:21 PM
-
By Berdt in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:01 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

LOT OF 2 SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN
$89.95

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory
$225.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99