-
Booting issues
I have read the FAQ and the posts but I am still puzzled...!
I downloaded the Knoppix-3.7...iso files to my HD. Using roxio, I burnt the ISO files to CD-Rom (seems OK). Try to boot from it on a Dell D600 laptop= Fail and tried it on a clone PC Intel = Fail. So I decide to make a floppy but there is no "Knoppix directory" on the CD-Rom. I downloaded SBM and ran it from cmd, but I can't figure out what "backup" files I need to include (if any). I try to build a floppy with SBM without a backup file but the floppy won't boot..!
Questions:
Is there suppose to be only one ISO file on the CD-Rom?
If so, why many posts/FAQs indicate that a Knoppix directory should be present on the CD-Rom?
Can anyone list the content of the mkfloppy.bat file with the proper *.img file to boot the Knoppix Cd-Rom?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By jelzimme in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2007, 04:11 AM
-
By soiltriad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-06-2007, 03:42 AM
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
-
By B4L1STA in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 01:41 AM
-
By econobeing5 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 9 i7-1185g7 32GB RAM 512GB NVME
$509.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Samsung 4 X 4GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA SO-DIMM Laptop Memory M471A5244CB0-CWE
$80.00