-
Printer Problems-Knoppix3.7-HP 990c m Series
Hi All,
I do the following, to add this printer,
settings/print manager/add/add printer/class which gives the wizard, I click next, but, all the back end options are greyed out. What is it with that..? Cheers.
downdogWoof...
-
Hi All,
if I go to control center/peripherals/printers, I get the following error pop up,
Unable to retrieve the printer list. Error message received from manager:
Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: connection refused.
Cheers.
downdogWoof...
-
Hi All,
ok, found this tutorial. Very good.
http://www.linuxcompatible.org/thread26981-1.html
Printing went well. Thought maybe I'd clean the heads, so, went into control center, and finally clicked on printer tools and from there, chose clean heads. Got an error message at this point,
The executable escputil cannot be found in your PATH environment variable. Make sure gimp-print is installed and that escputil is in your PATH.
Sorry, wouldn't have a clue. Anyone here ever seen this..? Cheers.
downdogWoof...
-
I hate giving just links with little explanation because it makes me seem lazy or less helpful... but this site sums it up pretty well and their isn't much more I can add. Just look up your printer and it will give full instructions on how to set it up. Works very well and HP tends to have excellent linux support for their printers.
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...P-DeskJet_990C
Then once you download the PPD file for your printer follow these instructions.
http://www.linuxprinting.org/cups-doc.html
If their is anything you don't understand I'll do my best to help. Strange but true... I just finished setting up my printer with this site about an hour ago. Pretty easy and straight forword. Good Luck!!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
No Printer -- And Can't Add One
I was having the same trouble. Only this is worse. I went to the printer manager to try to add a printer. I open the menu selection to "add printer/class" and it is grayed out. So I can't do anything.
NOW what do I do?
sakiZ
-
Senior Member
registered user
Got Printing -- How do I stop It?
I did apt-get for the latest cupsys at which point the message came up that it was recommended to install the cupsys-driver-gimpprint, which I did.
Now I see I have several print jobs in the queue. And I don't know how to turn them off.
I've tried everything I can think of.
sakiZ
-
If CUPS is running, start your browser and type : http://localhost:631
-
Senior Member
registered user
Fixed It
I figured out what happened.
I installed Abiword-gnome. It removed cupsys and replaced it with it's own printing method.
Well, I didn't like that. "Apt-get install cupsys" fixed THAT. (Or, reinstall is more like it.)
Now I have more methods to print than I know what to do with. 
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By abrand888 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 07:27 PM
-
By clarjon1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:46 PM
-
By walterma in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 03:22 PM
-
By alex52 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 11:40 AM
-
By Bam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87